AASBO & PIMA COUNTY SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER TRAINING
SESSION 6: SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 2
Typical Organizational Structure
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Examine the importance of effectively communicating with stakeholders.
- Impact of legislation on the district
- Multi-year technology plans and their possible funding sources
- Maintaining effective communication with the superintendent and school board
- Review and analysis of local school board policies
- Processes and procedures of a local school board meeting
- Analyze the development of a board policy
- Tips to manage issues faced by the business manager
- Review of Business Manager Skill Requirements List
- Relationship of instructional delivery models to cost
- Importance of school finance
Instructor: Jeff Gadd
Location: 200 N Stone, Tucson, AZ 85701
Parking: Validated parking will be available at Public Works Parking Garage, 50 W. Alameda St, and Public Service Center Garage, 38 E. Alameda St.
Workshop Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
Time: Continental breakfast and check-in starts at 8:00 am. Workshop begins at 8:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm.
*An hour break is provided for lunch with several close locations to choose from.
The Pima County School Superintendent's Office and its partners often take photographs and videos during events and workshops as they occur. By registering for this event and/or workshop you are granting permission to use these images to promote our programs in print, on the web, and on social media.
Payments must be received five (5) business days prior to the start of the class. Payments can be in the form of a check, credit card, P-Card, or a school purchase order. Registrations within the five (5) day window must be paid immediately upon registering for the course.
Purchase orders and check payments can be addressed to Pima Special Programs, 200 N Stone, Tucson, AZ 85701. Please include copies of the invoice(s), name of registrant(s), or list of invoice number(s) with the purchase order and check payments to ensure proper credit is applied and avoid delay or cancellation of your registration.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Cancellations must be submitted in writing five (5) business days prior to the start of the class to receive a refund. Cancellations can be emailed to: AR@schools.pima.gov. No refunds will be given for “no shows.” If courses are cancelled due to low enrollment, refunds will be issued to the individual or the school.